Friday 5 February 2010

OUR ROAD TO UNITY FOR TRANQUILITY

By - Hesmel Faznee Faisal

Of late, there have been a lot of interesting issues raised both by the traditional and the alternative media, especially on the second sexual charge that involved one Opposition leader.

I obviously would not touch on “that” unusual sexual charge against the politician, as I don’t feel the same anticipation of the public interest in that case. At the same time, I would not want people to start throwing tantrums and accusing me of interrupting the on going trial!

I do not have the liberty to say if he really had committed that crime. I don’t care, as far as I am concerned! If he did, he then deserved to be tried and must allow the law to decide. Malaysians, comprises from all walks of life could not anticipate another brouhaha that had happened 10 years ago. By saying this, I am not giving an impression that I don’t bother with all the things happening around me.

I am more concerned about the unity amongst Malaysians which I’ve noticed have been distraught by lots of issues that touches on matters from religion, to the origins of race in Malaysia! (Go and read it in blogs and in the facebook comment, you’ll get a cleared picture of what I said Jose!)

We are too pre-occupied with the on going trial, to the point where we have forgotten the main root of the problem. The accused is just a human being. He is not a saint. He may do it, he may not. Let us allow the court to decide.

We can help to develop our country as Malaysians by contributing our ideas on ways to find solutions on many issues we are facing altogether. Among them are the decaying unity of the society, the rising demands for our cost of living, the misunderstanding of religion between us and the list goes on and on!

That is why I believe, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak had begin to use the new media approach (Jose, he has a facebook  account and a blog) as a bridge to be closer to the people and to get feedback from them.

Let us for once start using our rationale thinking and try to see things from a different angle. I believe we can do that.

Kita Kan Tersesat Pabila Malam Menjemput Bulan Semula Ke Sangkar Waktu – The Salam Connection





No comments:

SENI BAHASA DAN SENI RUPA DALAM CERMINAN AKAL BUDI MELAYU

                                                                                Oleh - Hesmel Faznee Faisal Allahyarham Pendeta Za’ba (1985-...