INFORMATION ABOUT BLOG - BASIC
· The term “blog” comes from the word “Weblog”, a type of diary or journal, written or posted on a website and is generally available to anyone who has an access to the Internet.
· Most blogs are primarily textual although many focus on photographs (photoblog), videos (vlog), or audio (podcasting), as well as views and criticism on certain issues pertaining to the writer. Sometimes it offers certain download such as songs, music videos, software or even computer viruses.
· Blogging has been around since 1995 in the form of online journal-keeping.
· Certain blogs promote critical and analytical thinking. It can also become a very useful tool in promoting creative, spontaneous and associational thinking. It is also said that blogging has become a new medium of communication.
· Blogging may become an alternative media in giving information in the new era of information and technology.
· When a blogger posts their writings to the blog, the entire world can respond by using the comments link. It gives the opportunity for the blogger and those who visited the blog to share opinions through the comments link.
· Some educationists in the US have used blogs as tools for teaching, as well as to “archive” and publish students’ work, learn with far-flung collaborators, and manage the knowledge that members of the school community creates. They even use blogs to organize class seminars and to provide summaries of reading materials.
· Word Press, bBlog, b2evolution, Nucleus, TextPattern, Text Free and Blogger are among websites that offers a user to start their own blog.
· Tim Berners-Lee at CERN, is the first blog website. It offers information about the Internet, technology and anything relating to the internet.
· Blogs are easy to start and hard to maintain. Writing articulately is one of the most difficult and time-consuming tasks for a writer to undertake.
· Blogs can be a positive way of getting feedback, and keeping the writer on alert, as readers react to certain pieces, and even suggest stories and ideas.
· The difference between a website and a blog is that a blog is usually much smaller and contains much less information.
· When a company hosts a blog on their web servers, it's considered blog hosting. As blogging is gaining more and more popularity, so is blog web hosting, and there are many providers in both the paid and free arenas.
I had come up with a very basic information about weblog (or its famous name blog) for the CMCF Chairman, Datuk Bazain. He requested some information about blogging. Please feel free to add more information about blogs. Please….